Author Topic: This New Forum.  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
This New Forum.
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:29:24 PM »
Must admit, I'm warming to this place. For a techno-dumpling like me, it seemed a bit scary at first but the sheer speed of the site compared to the last one makes it far more enjoyable. I still can't use any of the flashing gizmos without summoning an offspring but what the hell.
Well done, Mince. You done good.

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: This New Forum.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 06:39:01 PM »
Yes, it is fandabbydozy, Roger. Hats off to Mincey.

It does take a little time to get used to things but you get there eventually. One thing I did find difficult was finding out how to get back to the forum index once on a thread (other than using the back button). It's actually in a small line of black type above the message box but it was easy to miss.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 07:31:40 PM »
I'm glad you all like it. It's really Crackerjack, isn't it? This is how fast my student board is, which is why I found the old Beau Peep board so slow.

The "black line" is also below the posts. Sometimes it gets lost in the Beau Peep cartoons. Perhaps I should fade out the background a little more.

Jack

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:00:28 PM »
Very swish.

One question though - is there a 'fast reply' option you can turn on? This board is faster by far than the old one, but I'm still only on 56K and every link to a new page that I have to click steals 1.5 minutes of my life.

Still, even without the fast reply option, I am sure I shall cope. Although I hate the scrolling text thing already, and I've only seen it used once. Therefore I shall take the following preventative steps against its use:

The next person to use scrolly text smells of poo.

Additional: Oooh, clicking the bold option sets the tags either side of the cursor, rather than having one click to start and one click to stop. Thus saving me a whole mouse click. This I like.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 10:55:08 PM »
One question though - is there a 'fast reply' option you can turn on?

You can do this through your profile.

Click PROFILE (at the top of the page).

Click Look and Layout Preferences.

Change Use quick reply on topic display.

Or I can do it for you. Just ask.

Jack

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 09:02:21 PM »
Done. Thanks.