Author Topic: Roger and School  (Read 5746 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Roger and School
« on: February 14, 2016, 02:44:35 PM »
So on August 10, 2009, Roger learns how to paste a YouTube link into a post and everyone congratulates him. Only six years later, on December 07, 2015, he is relearning the same skill. One wonders whether he remembers anything from school.  ;D

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Roger and School
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 04:48:17 PM »
I changed my laptop in that period and YouTube changed the method required to post videos---two incidents that proved insurmountable for me.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 04:52:40 PM »
How long did it take you to open the lid of the new laptop?

Mind you, you can probably cook a better soup than I can.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 04:58:56 AM »
Hey, Roger doesn't have to justify his actions to you, twerp.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 08:17:33 AM »

I only said he made a good soup.  :-\

Redundant

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 02:34:10 PM »

Actually the twerp element was both a tad unwarranted and inaccurate, having read several definitions of that word, including some rather good urban legends, Mince fails to qualify in all of them.

I have disagreed with Mince on several occasions, and probably will on more, but calling him a twerp, even if that can be considered the mildest of insulting words, was a little harsh.

Redundant

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 02:37:27 PM »
So on August 10, 2009, Roger learns how to paste a YouTube link into a post and everyone congratulates him. Only six years later, on December 07, 2015, he is relearning the same skill. One wonders whether he remembers anything from school.  ;D

Incidentally, according to the above, Roger first figured out link posting on my birthday, the second time I can claim partial kudos in assisting him to do it again, spooky comes to mind...

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 07:48:21 PM »

Actually the twerp element was both a tad unwarranted and inaccurate, having read several definitions of that word, including some rather good urban legends, Mince fails to qualify in all of them.

I have disagreed with Mince on several occasions, and probably will on more, but calling him a twerp, even if that can be considered the mildest of insulting words, was a little harsh.

Twerp!
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 08:57:20 PM »
For many years now, I have happily admitted to my almost total lack of competence regarding modern technology. I have also happily admitted to my almost total disinterest in the same subject. I'm not sure what more I can do. Much as I enjoy still being mocked about this, I really feel that the time has arrived for me to be mocked about something else. Here are some potential targets....
1) I support Dundee United.
2) I have cried several times during "Mr Holland's Opus".
3) I have cried once during "Love Story".
4) I like Gilbert O' Sullivan.
5) I enjoy making soup.
6) I have over 200 books about Custer and the Sioux wars.
7) I had a Gilbert O' Sullivan cap.
8) I like watching "American Pickers".
9) I always put my left sock on first.
10) I know the years Samuel Taylor Coleridge was born and died.

There you go---fire away!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 09:02:14 PM »
One more chance to mock my technological abilities---I have no idea why that smiley thing has appeared instead of the number eight. I also have no idea why it resisted my attempts to change it.

Egg

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 09:21:16 PM »
No. 9........ I had a huge debate about putting my left sock on first which descended, eventually,
into abuse, but also went off on a tangent that I buy socks that you can't get wrong with left or
right!  :o

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 09:47:46 PM »
Good grief, man, the type of sock you wear has nothing to do with which foot should be clothed first. It's ALWAYS the left. You're weird.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 09:59:26 PM »
7) I had a Gilbert O' Sullivan cap.

OMG! I thought you were joking!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 10:00:59 PM »
One more chance to mock my technological abilities---I have no idea why that smiley thing has appeared instead of the number eight. I also have no idea why it resisted my attempts to change it.

I know why; it's not me mucking about; I'm not telling you why.

Egg

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 07:40:37 PM »
It's ALWAYS the left.
Tiz true! Always left and you're never lost.......4 lefts and you're back on familiar territory.....
.......not lost!