Author Topic: Ideas for Beau Peep  (Read 6112 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Ideas for Beau Peep
« on: July 22, 2016, 01:06:55 AM »
Roger, have you thought of having Bungle and Zippy in Beau Peep, and calling it Rainbeau Peep?

Or how about a Spanish brother of Beau who keeps prodding Beau with his elbow to say something vulgar in secret - and call him El Beau?

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Ideas for Beau Peep
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 01:55:24 AM »
Place your bets...
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 08:05:57 PM »
Roger, have you thought of having Bungle and Zippy in Beau Peep, and calling it Rainbeau Peep?

Or how about a Spanish brother of Beau who keeps prodding Beau with his elbow to say something vulgar in secret - and call him El Beau?
On a similar theme, back in the 80's, the Daily Star asked Andrew and I to come up with a "Rambeau" T-shirt----Stallone's film was popular at the time. As I recall, the design ended up being Beau in a vest with a bandana tied around his hat. I think we sold...ooh...six or seven.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 08:28:44 PM »
On a similar theme

Rambeau was going to be my next film idea. I see I was beaten to it.

the Daily Star asked Andrew and I to come up with a "Rambeau" T-shirt

If you ask I, your grammar's a bit off.

we sold...ooh...six or seven.

So we could get rich off a Beau-ty McBeautface tshirt.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:30:47 PM by Mincy McMinceface »

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 08:58:18 PM »
"If you ask I, your grammar's a bit off".
Me didn't ask.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 09:01:03 PM »
Me didn't ask.

Then I won't tell you your grammar's a bit off. :)

Madmalc

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 03:58:19 PM »

On a similar theme, back in the 80's, the Daily Star asked Andrew and I to come up with a "Rambeau" T-shirt----Stallone's film was popular at the time. As I recall, the design ended up being Beau in a vest with a bandana tied around his hat. I think we sold...ooh...six or seven.

I bet if you released them now on etsy you'd have a few takers.  I'd DEFO take a Rambeau Tshirt!!

Madmalc

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 04:02:58 PM »
On the same kind of theme - did Rog and Andrew ever do "NSFW" Beau Peep strips?  I remember being a wee tike growing up in Dundee and seeing the word
"Hell" in one of their strips (Egon's "Mince Suprise") and being unable to read it out loud because "hell" was swearing back then.  Just wondered if there was ever any temptation to release a Beau Peep version like the viking ones that used to appear in Foreigners in dundee (were those by Roger and Andrew?)

the "new guy"  :o

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 06:13:12 PM »
I just found out what NSFW means!

I have several times written to the Star with new ideas for strips that might rival Beau Peep, but they've not met with great success.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 06:57:57 PM »
On the same kind of theme - did Rog and Andrew ever do "NSFW" Beau Peep strips?  I remember being a wee tike growing up in Dundee and seeing the word
"Hell" in one of their strips (Egon's "Mince Suprise") and being unable to read it out loud because "hell" was swearing back then.  Just wondered if there was ever any temptation to release a Beau Peep version like the viking ones that used to appear in Foreigners in dundee (were those by Roger and Andrew?)

the "new guy"  :o
Welcome, Malc!
Yes, Andrew and I did those "questionable" cartoons that hung on the wall of Foreigners bar. We were bad boys back then. I can't say I've ever thought of doing anything similar with Beau Peep although, when it first appeared, it was regarded as quite "edgy" for a newspaper strip. I've never understood that----it always seemed quite tame to me but, as you say, even using the word "hell" would upset some people in those days.
Right, I'm off to look up NSFW!

Madmalc

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 08:56:40 PM »
Well that's awesome- thanks Roger.  Mincy McMinceface is Andrew? 

What was the Viking Series called - was it "Olaf the Gangbanger"??  That was some seriously funny stuff and of course - moving from the Beau Peep Cartoons to that when one turned 18 was just an eye opener if ever there was one! 

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 09:45:44 PM »
Mincy McMinceface is Andrew? 

No, he's just a minor deity.