Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 13351 times)

colcool

Introduction
« on: December 05, 2006, 03:32:29 PM »
As everybody here already seems to know everybody else, I thought I would introduce myself.

I am a comic collector of one, two, many, lots of years! And I remember this really wacky style in a certain comic produced by the Dundee Comic Tribe or DCT if you prefer...  But the comic died and no longer did that wacky style appear.  :-[

The next time I saw it, it was in a magazine that I...er...borrowed from my elder brother.  And it featured a rather enthusiastic caveman.  Needless to say, I was chuffed to little mint balls to see the wacky style back.  :D Plus, being of that age (!!) I enjoyed the art and lovely flesh tones immensely.

And then, it appeared in a national paper!  Fantastic, was my original reaction, and still is. I very rarely look at Beau without having a chuckle or a good laugh.

So that's me.  Found this site through pure fluke and just felt like adding my tuppence worth to the forum.

PS. I support a team that is even less likely to win the Scottish Cup! Forfar Athletic.  :'(

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 03:37:59 PM »
Welcome to the Beau Peep Notice Board, colcool. Exactly what was the fluke that got you here?

By the way, make sure you ask Roger Kettle tons of questions about Beau Peep. He's got nothing else to do and it keeps him out of trouble.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 06:19:42 PM »
Welcome, Colcool---glad you could join us. It's a lot warmer in here than standing on the terraces of Station Park!

colcool

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 06:52:28 PM »
Welcome to the Beau Peep Notice Board, colcool. Exactly what was the fluke that got you here?

Somebody asked me about comics and I thought that I would use Beau Peep as an example of newspaper comics and bang! Up it came as an option.

By the way, make sure you ask Roger Kettle tons of questions about Beau Peep. He's got nothing else to do and it keeps him out of trouble.

Does questions about Caveman Ug count? As an ex-regular of "Foreigners", I happily reminisced by working my way around the walls with a glass in my hand and a snigger on my face!  ;D

colcool

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 06:53:28 PM »
Welcome, Colcool---glad you could join us. It's a lot warmer in here than standing on the terraces of Station Park!

Anything is warmer than standing in Station Park! Especially the bridies at half-time!  :D

Tom

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 07:17:53 PM »
Hello Colcool!  :)

Colin

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 07:31:43 PM »
Welcome to the best forum on t'internet  ;D

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 07:34:36 PM »
Hi Colcool. Are you anything to do with the Colonel in the fort? (He's one of my favourite Peep characters). Sad, isn't it....
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Colin

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 07:35:43 PM »
Hi Peepmaster, hows you?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 07:45:41 PM by Colin »

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 07:42:11 PM »
I'm fine thanks Colin. Good to see you on the board. You realise that by using my real name, Nigel, you've destroyed the air of importance that "Peepmaster" brings...  >:(
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Colin

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 07:46:13 PM »
Its ok, I've changed it.

Don't think anyone noticed  ;)

annplu50

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 05:54:42 PM »
Hi, please help, what is the name of his fav footie team?

Vulture

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 06:17:03 PM »
Hi, please help, what is the name of his fav footie team?

Hi, annplus50. Whose 'fav footie team'?

annplu50

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 07:55:35 PM »
Hi, Beau Peep's fav footie team.

Vulture

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 09:32:57 PM »
I thought it was Dundee United.  ???