Beau Peep Notice Board > Just a Fort

Beau Peep Board Game

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sandy Buttcheeks:
This hasn't been a 5 minute job, me old chumly, has it?

Incredible.

Mince:
No, it took quite a while. But I don't regret any of it. As I said, it was great fun.

There's a game called Pandemic Legacy: Season 1, a spinoff version of Pandemic that adds an ongoing twelve-month storyline to the game. That game is currently rated by the influential Board Game Geek website as the greatest board game ever made.

Reviewers of the game have called it 'utterly unique', 'unlikely any board game that you will have played before', and 'frankly stunning'.

One reviewer wrote: 'The mere fact that your decisions in any given game of Pandemic Legacy will have consequences for future games that you play is something that drives tension through the roof, and gives the game a degree of immersion that I've never experienced before in board games. You become invested in Pandemic Legacy in the same way that you may become invested in a computer game or a television series, except in Pandemic Legacy you are sharing your decisions and your experience with a group of people, which makes it all the more effective. On more than one occasion I was left staring at the Pandemic Legacy board at the end of a game wondering how on earth we were going to survive the next month, evoking feelings that I'd never had with any form of entertainment before, let alone a board game.'

So I guess I'm interested to see what it's like. If it's any good, I might think about Stupidemic Legacy. :)

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:
Blimey! This is all getting a little scary. Can't recall ever having a sleepless night over Ludo.

Tour de force, Mincey!

Mince:
Yes, the things he says seem to clash with the idea that it's just a board game, but then I suppose you could say something is just a television series, or just a book, or just a comic strip. I am curious to see how these game designers have achieved what everyone is raving on about.

Rob Baker:
Very impressive Mince  (y)

How do you, er, actually play it ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version