Author Topic: Nationwide  (Read 1544 times)

Online Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Nationwide
« on: March 26, 2017, 06:55:52 PM »
I have just incurred bank charges for going overdrawn on my current account. And because that bank charge again took me overdrawn, I get another bank charge. Okay, it's only £30, but they don't know who they're dealing with. So for a start I switched to First Direct, and that got me money just for switching. Next, apparently if you take the bank to the small claims court to ask for the money back (as in my opinion, £30 charge for being overdrawn by £16 for two days is excessive), it only costs £25 and you don't have to pay the bank's court costs if you lose. So, for me, the £25 is worth it to find out not only how the small claims court works but also whether Nationwide thinks it's worth paying to go to court to keep my £30.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Nationwide
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 09:33:49 PM »
I wish you well with this. My wife and I are now into our fourth month of dealing with the lovely people at BT. On alternate days, we receive emails or phone calls saying either that "the problem has been sorted and you owe us nothing" or "you owe us £300 and we'll cut off all your services". The former is correct and I have decided to ignore them completely and punch anyone who comes to my door.

Online Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 09:47:28 PM »
Phone them and demand compensation, or at least a hundred off your bill.

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 06:14:02 PM »
[note to self: cancel surprise visit to Kettle Towers]
I apologise, in advance.