Author Topic: Wrong Man on Plane  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Wrong Man on Plane
« on: April 06, 2017, 09:11:08 AM »
HEADLINE: Passenger allowed to board plane at Manchester Airport despite having a ticket for a different flight: Alarm as two people are checked into the same seat on Monarch service.

The captain ordered everyone off to check in again, causing a three hour delay.

Meanwhile, on our Ryanair flight last September, the same thing happened and the stewards just quickly bundled him off the plane and carried on as usual.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Wrong Man on Plane
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 10:03:55 AM »
I can't say I'm very fond of Ryanair. In the situation you mention, I'm guessing that any delays would have cost them money and that consideration was placed above security. How did they know the ejected passenger didn't have any luggage in the hold?
I simply don't like their attitude towards customers. In the past, there have been attempts to charge passengers for using the toilets and to introduce "standing room" on flights. A few years back, I had reluctantly agreed with my wife to fly with Ryanair from Edinburgh to the Algarve. Arriving at the airport, we were told by their staff to expect delays as there was (yet again) a strike taking place with French air controllers. All flights by other airlines took off within 30 minutes of their allotted time. Ours was cancelled. We were told that, if we made our own way to Newcastle, we "might" get a seat on one of their planes to the Algarve. My son and his girlfriend had already departed for our rented villa using a different airline so we were desperate to join them somehow. Eventually, my wife and I got the last two seats on a Jet2 flight to Lisbon and caught a train down to Albufeira.
Ryanair planes carry the minimum fuel allowed by aviation laws. Because our intended flight was having to avoid French air space, therefore having to take a slightly longer route and use more fuel, it was cheaper to simply cancel it.
I REALLY can't say I'm very fond of Ryanair.

Redundant

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 06:52:22 PM »
I was on a plane once, London to Glasgow, it took hours and flew very low.  Wait, that was a train, sorry...my mistake.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 12:17:00 AM »
I REALLY can't say I'm very fond of Ryanair.

We rather like them, no frills though they are. Mind you, we tend to have everything we need planned out with military precision, so that makes it easier.

peter

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 12:50:07 PM »
a gun helps