Author Topic: Things you Suddenly Remember  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Things you Suddenly Remember
« on: April 16, 2017, 01:43:42 PM »
I love it when I remember something that I have not remembered for a long time, probably not even since it actually happened.

Today, I remembered that when I was very young, looking through the RadioTimes, I didn't understand the 3:15pm, 4:25pm format. I knew how to tell the time on an analogue clock, but I could not understand how you could tell whether 3:15pm meant quarter to three or quarter past three. My brother tried to explain but it took a while. I think in the end I saw a 3:45pm or something and put two and two together.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Things you Suddenly Remember
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 09:32:30 AM »
My sister and I were discussing recently how, the older we get, the fonder we become of past memories. I guess it's simply nostalgia. There's a line in the theme tune for the TV show "The Goldbergs" which goes "Don't know the future but the past keeps getting clearer every day".
I like that.

Diamond Lil

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:06:50 AM »
 (y)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 10:50:02 AM »
I remember getting chills when very young and listening to the theme tune to Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads.

Oh, what happened to you?
Whatever happened to me?
What became of the people we used to be?
Tomorrow's almost over.
Today went by so fast.
The only thing to look forward to is the past.

But then when I was young, Catweasle used to scare me.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 06:43:09 PM »
I must have heard that theme tune scores of times without ever really taking in the lyrics. Dark!