Author Topic: Still weird.  (Read 16012 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Still weird.
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 10:08:06 AM »
Indeed - or else the shock might have left you in a comma!  :P

Oi! That's my job.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 10:29:22 AM »
 ;D Y'welcome!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2017, 12:59:24 PM »
;D Y'welcome!

I shall refer you to SECTION 4.3 of CAMELDUNG: THE WAY THINGS ARE, which clearly states:

Only those with both the PEDANTRY certification and the NOTHING BETTER TO DO qualification shall correct people's English on Cameldung.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 01:02:23 PM by Mince »

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 12:11:54 AM »
I think he's actually just thinking about ripping all of his clothes off, Sandy. Don't panic.

Then again...

HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!!!!

I'm SO glad you put that coma in !!

;D

Indeed - or else the shock might have left you in a comma!  :P

No one would have noticed, Tarks. I'm a master of disguise! In fact, I'm a...

Comma comma comma comma comma chameleon

;D

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 09:13:46 AM »
Roger, having your avatar next to a topic entitled "Still Weird" might be taken the wrong way.

I always smile when I see bottles that say "Still Water", and wonder whether they expected to change.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 05:03:05 AM »
Actually, I was joking about the CSI stuff. I purposely picked the first awful programme I could think of. Having said that, I do enjoy Law and Order which, in my view, is a class up from the other stuff. No, my distractions come mainly from the sporting arenas. Currently, I'm absorbed by the snooker and, when you throw in the usual mix of football, golf and cricket, it means I have a strict viewing schedule to adhere to!
Seriously, I plan to put some kind of timetable in place for my writing. I think it's understandable that, after 40 years of strict deadlines and heavy workloads, my brain decided to shut down for a while. If I can write 3 or 4 hours a day, that will suit me just fine.

You have done more than your share. If you were only to golf and eat ice-cream, perhaps the odd bit of vacuuming, that would be okay with the CBPFC. We can write you a note if you like.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 09:52:07 PM »
Thanks, Diane---much appreciated. While I am no stranger to the likes of vacuuming, ironing and cooking, I admit that the washing machine remains a mystery to me. If my wife happens to be away for any length of time, I carry my dirty laundry down to the river and beat it on the rocks.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2018, 07:21:40 AM »
Talking about vacuuming - some twit turned the power on my vacuum to "less" instead of "more" - why on earth would anyone want anything other than maximum suction power?

There are some weird people living in my house.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2018, 07:44:02 AM »
My wife bought a vacuum cleaner with several settings. I've no idea what any of them are and just choose one at random.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2018, 08:02:47 AM »
I bought a vacuum once. Really disappointed. There was nothing in the box.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2018, 08:05:59 AM »
It makes you wonder why manufacturers make vacuum cleaners, since vacuums never need cleaning.

Rob Baker

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2018, 02:13:30 PM »
I just sold my vacuum cleaner on eBay.  Well, it was only gathering dust.

(c) Tim Vine 2014

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2018, 05:50:12 PM »
 ;D