Author Topic: Sky Broadband  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Sky Broadband
« on: June 01, 2017, 07:04:03 AM »
ME: Yes, I have Sky on direct debit at one of my banks, but I also have an old direct debit with Sky on another bank. But because I'm in credit at the moment, you're not taking money each month, and so I am not sure which of the two direct debits is the current one.

SKY: Okay, let's see if I can deal with that. I see you have no security set up for your account, so to confirm that you are the account holder, could you tell me which bank your direct debit is paid into?

ME:  >:(

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Sky Broadband
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 08:55:58 PM »
I hate it when they ask the question, "is there anything else I can help you with today" when they have not been of any help with your issue at all. The idea is for you to say "no thank you" acknowledging that they are helpful and you are grateful.

I have started saying instead, "well to help me with something ELSE you would have had to have first helped me with something to begin with wouldn't you?" I am hoping to break them down over time. 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Sky Broadband
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 11:38:59 AM »
I have been on Live Chat with O2 several times, and I politely reduce each one to admitting they are useless. Then I ask them to record every part of my complaint on my account so that I don't have to repeat myself in the next Live Chat.