Author Topic: A noisy pop combo.  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
A noisy pop combo.
« on: June 29, 2017, 08:03:52 PM »
There's another outdoor pop concert on in Dundee tonight. The venue is over two miles away from me across the River Tay. (You may recall I recently mentioned a performance by UB 40 at the same place). Tonight's entertainment is being provided by some young ladies who go under the name of Little Mix and I can hear it clearly through my double-glazed windows. Apparently, when these young ladies are on stage, they normally wear clothing that would struggle to cover the modesty of a Barbie doll. I do hope their mothers are with them and have insisted on some sensible thermals, scarves and mittens. It's freezing here and wet and windy. They certainly seem noisy enough but I'm concerned for their health.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: A noisy pop combo.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 08:15:54 PM »
Enjoy!  (y)
I apologise, in advance.

Redundant

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:24:00 PM »
I knew I was old when I was out taking photo's a couple of winters ago, I was near a nightclub and there were about a dozen people queuing to get in.   One was a quite tall girl, very attractive and legs that seemed to go all the way to her neck they were so long.   And all I could think was "She's going to get really cold standing there like that".   Dylan Thomas would never forgive either of us "...Old age should burn and rave at close of day".

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:35:05 PM »
Roger, all you have to do is audition for the X-Factor, win, get a concert booked near their house and do a cover of "Nothing Rhymed" by Gilbert O'Sullivan.

I actually forgot the name of the song and singer, and typed into Google: 'singer piano flat cap' and his Wiki entry came up as the first link.