Author Topic: Homeopathy  (Read 5896 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Homeopathy
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2017, 06:51:27 PM »
That's the powerful placebo effect, which works even when you know it's a placebo. Homeopaffic rubbish should be stocked next to the candy aisle, not the medicine aisle.

I live near a fairly small town, a few years ago the Rexall (chemists to you) had a big poster campaign about buying your medicine from them - they said why would you buy your drugs (medicine) at the same place you buy your groceries - it had a needle stuck into a peach that looked a lot like a bottom. 

I thought this was pretty ironic as I'm sure fresh fruit and veggies are better for you than the whole isle of candy they sell and the other couple of isles of convenience foods such as pop and crisps and salty soup they sell along with a fine selection of smokes.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2017, 06:53:38 PM »
I exaggerated. She didn't swear by her homeopathic doctor quite until the day she died.

At 92, she had a bad fall, and ended up in a nursing home (until then, she'd spent around ten years living fiercely independently, albeit within sheltered housing that we'd moved her into from her flat in Glasgow), under the care of her homeopathic doctor, whom she saw as and when needed (not that often - she was an astonishingly robust, if tiny, woman). The fall changed everything, and she spent the next couple of years in a wheelchair, deserted by her pin-sharp mind, and unable to remember anything that had happened up until that point, including me. She also lost contact with her homeopathic doctor, and was cared for under conventional medicine for the next two years. Then she died.

That is sad that she lost her memory during her last few years.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 06:56:57 PM »
I have a small veggie patch this year.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 08:10:50 PM »
Nothing beats home-grown vegetables, especially dark greens.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 11:45:55 AM »
I'm pretty sure having the 6 wining numbers in the lottery would beat home grown vegetables...even dark greens.

I feel, as an ex grower of my own veg, that I am on solid ground in this matter.

Just saying...

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 12:27:37 PM »
Okay, if we're going to get picky about this . . . you can't spell "winning".  8)

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2017, 09:24:11 PM »
What about my missing hyphen? Do I get away with that one?

:-\

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2017, 08:46:42 AM »
Hyphens are beyond you, so you're forgiven. Out of interest, who pointed it out to you?  8)

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 12:00:23 AM »
Well, not you obviously!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 08:17:40 AM »
I noticed it. I just didn't want you to feel too inadequate in one go.