Author Topic: Just testing.  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Just testing.
« on: July 17, 2017, 11:02:32 PM »
Trying to work out some stuff. Hope this works. Great song!

https://youtu.be/iWOlqVBrQrw

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Just testing.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 11:43:54 PM »
The whole of YouTube, and you choose this?

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 01:26:21 AM »
Oh, I so hate it when I have to agree with Mincey, but I managed to endure this for 1 minute and 21 seconds, in the forlorn hope that perhaps the chorus might just have some redeeming qualities. But sorry, Roger...this is the Texan answer to 'Viva Espana' and 'Una Paloma Blanca'.

When you say "just testing", I assume you mean the musical taste of the membership?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 07:25:17 AM »
Perhaps we can all post out guilty song favourites here.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 09:31:50 AM »
Oh, I so hate it when I have to agree with Mincey, but I managed to endure this for 1 minute and 21 seconds, in the forlorn hope that perhaps the chorus might just have some redeeming qualities. But sorry, Roger...this is the Texan answer to 'Viva Espana' and 'Una Paloma Blanca'.

When you say "just testing", I assume you mean the musical taste of the membership?
This was a pretty random choice as I'd been talking to a friend about the film Tin Cup (this song featured in it). I had tried to post a song on another site (you may have noticed, Tarks) and it didn't work for some reason. Rather than experiment on the other site, I simply bunged the first thing that came into my head on here---and it obviously worked. No idea what happened with my failed attempt.
Having said that, I don't mind the song at all!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 10:25:01 AM »
I think it's time to award Roger his first two badges.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 04:06:03 AM »
I think it's time to award Roger his first two badges.

This really is a proud moment Roger - not just one badge but two. It seems like a celebration is in order.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 08:41:15 AM »
I'm wondering what computer skill he should work on next: zipping or encryption or photo manipulation?

Maybe he should work on backups? Mind you, those badges have probable already got his back up.