Author Topic: Eclipse  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Eclipse
« on: August 21, 2017, 04:26:07 PM »
We have an hour to wait until the 70% eclipse starts here. It worries me when I read stories about how people got blind spots in 1962 looking directly at it. Interesting to note that 1962 was also when the movie The Triffids came out, they ended up as plant food after looking at alien lights.

Other than that, hope everyone has a happy day.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Eclipse
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 06:42:07 PM »
Thank goodness it was much too cloudy to be any risk to the eyesight.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 06:46:25 PM »
Weird, Diane. I just popped into the site to ask if the eclipse was going to be visible from Alberta...and there you are!
Sounds spectacular. Enjoy!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 07:03:04 PM »
Here in the UK we will experience a much longer but identical experience in just a few hours, called an eclipse of the other half of the Earth.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 08:11:49 PM »
An eclipse won't make much difference here on the East coast of Scotland. We'd need to see the sun for that to happen.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 09:09:09 PM »
So Scotland's a great place for vampires to hang out.