Author Topic: Festive Greetings.  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Festive Greetings.
« on: December 20, 2017, 08:44:19 PM »
Let me be the first to wish you all a Happy Christmas. I hope you and your families have a wonderful time.
This will be the second year that I haven't had to write any seasonal strips for Beau Peep. While there is a slightly nostalgic element to this, I can still remember the head-banging frustration of trying to come up with 3 or 4 weeks of Christmas-themed gags every year. For 38 years. About legionnaires in the desert. I do not miss this.
For Christmas dinner this year, I will be having roast boar, stuffed with a goose, stuffed with a turkey, stuffed with a chicken, stuffed with a guinea fowl and wrapped in bacon. In due respect to Mincy's vegetarian outlook, I will also have a brussels sprout. This will be washed down by a barrel of ale, 12 carafes of claret, a gallon of mead and a Rennie's. I'm starting to wonder if my 24 serving wenches will cope....
Have a great Christmas.

Offline Max

Re: Festive Greetings.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 08:26:41 PM »
Let me be not the first to also wish everyone a very Happy Christmas.
This will be the 47th year I've been working for the same company (allowing for mergers and takeovers and name changes just to alter the stationery).
2018 will see me becoming a great grandfather, must be something in the water down here.

So have a good one peeps, one piece of advice, use Gaviscon instead of Rennies.  (y)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 08:57:45 PM »
Thanks, Max. There will be the usual silent toast. Go, Seahawks!
And Great Grandad? I'll raise a glass to that, as well!
Have a wonderful Christmas.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 12:03:03 AM »
Oh, glad tidings of great comfort and pure joy! Greatgrandparenthood? Wonderful, Max - I'm still enjoying discovering the joys of the previous generational part. I can only imagine what a thrill it is to watch your grandchildren become parents. Wonderful!

I did this thing. Hope y'all enjoy it....

https://youtu.be/djqCw_8LgvI
I apologise, in advance.

Diamond Lil

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 08:33:54 PM »
Wonderful stuff TTlll. My best wishes to all

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 12:30:58 AM »
Helloooooo all!

A festive greeting of some magnitude to you all.

Sorry I haven't been on for sometime, new work and new house have took up a lot more time than this desperatelywantingtobelazy guy would like! That being said, it's no excuse and I miss this place quite badly at times. I shall resolve that!

Enjoy the coming year (and coming bairn!) Max. Kids are the best thing ever and I miss not having really young ones about. I am at a point in time where I'm actually jealous of those who have toddlers about them...greatest fun on the planet!

Tarks, I'm with Lil. Fantastic stuff as always. Watching talent like that never gets boring, so feel free to post up as much as you want. I'll gladly watch again and again.

Roger, I'm hoping that in true homage to Minceypoos, that you have ensured the sprout is of age to be culled and only from a sustainable sproutery on land that has been bereft of weedkillers, carfumes and sprout cullers farts for at least 2.18 generations. You know he's touchy about these things!

Have a good one everybody, and see you more this coming year

(y)

Rob Baker

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 11:35:54 PM »
I haven't visited here too much lately but I hope you are all ale and hearty. Like Sandy, I hope to join in again a bit more the new year.
Happy Christmas everyone  :)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 08:55:15 AM »
Does this mean people are going to start posting on this notice-boardy posty place?

Merry Christmas to everyone. I've sent the yearly Scroogy spirits to annoy Peepmaster.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 10:44:29 PM »
I'm thinking about it...

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 08:57:19 PM »
I had meant to pop in and wish you all a Merry Christmas, however my three grown children are home for the holidays (without partners as they have none, and more importantly without grandchildren because they haven't got any bubbies either) and I have been tied to the stove and sink for weeks.

I see light at the end of the tunnel, no it was just more white dishes.

PS Congrats Max :-)

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad