Author Topic: "healthy" bread  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

"healthy" bread
« on: December 08, 2017, 08:32:51 PM »
I have been eating healthy for over a month now, lots of veggies, beans, nuts, whole grains etc. I thought I would make some healthy whole wheat bread on Tuesday, instead it seems that I made three little bricks. I set out one for the birds on Wednesday, they couldn't crack it open, so after a couple of hours I went out in my boots and smashed it to give them a start. Normally any bread I put out for the birds is gone in under 15 mins, today, two days later, it is 25% still there with a bloody great big bird (I think it is a Prairie Chicken) laying dead next to it.

Do you think it was the bread or just a coincidence? 

What should I do with the other one and a half loaves? (Hubby ate some)

What should I do with the bird?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Online Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: "healthy" bread
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 09:26:42 AM »
Throw out the bread, eat the bird.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 11:20:24 AM »
Did you use a breadmaker?

After your next reply, yes or no, I'll post: Ah, there's your problem. and then decline further comment to give the idea that I know about baking bread.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 05:17:39 PM »
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 05:20:13 PM »
Did you use a breadmaker?

After your next reply, yes or no, I'll post: Ah, there's your problem. and then decline further comment to give the idea that I know about baking bread.

It is not that I have given up, but got to town and bought bread. If I have to stomp on it with boots and if it could possibly be killing wildlife, I have to re-think the health benefits of it.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 05:20:40 PM »
...it is a treat to have bread slices that are bendy