Author Topic: Peaky Blinders  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Peaky Blinders
« on: December 08, 2017, 08:37:43 PM »
Anyone here watching Peaky Blinders - it is referred to as a modern cult classic.

I have been watching it and find it has the best storyline of a series that I have seen in years. Another good Netflix series is out of Australia, called Wanted - it is a little cheap in production but the storyline is also so fresh and twisty - two ladies on the run from the law and the baddies.

Any TV series or movie recommendations for the winter months?

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Peaky Blinders
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 09:25:14 AM »
Well, you all know it's my favourite book but "Lonesome Dove" is also a stunning TV series with the brilliant Robert Duvall leading the cast. Breathtakingly good.
Must give Peaky Blinders a go.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 11:22:59 AM »
The Orville.

Don't be put off by the slightly juvenile first episode as after that it gets much darker and more character driven.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 08:27:38 PM »
I did look up those two suggestions on Netflix, neither are currently showing. Lonesome Dove brings a list of similar shows, nothing comes up for The Orville. I looked it up and it is probably a little too recent for Netflix.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 11:13:02 PM »
Since returning to my homeland, I have discovered a true gem in this gritty, northern, crime saga, that truly tells it how it is in uncompromising fashion (subsequent episodes available on YouTube)...

https://youtu.be/JYLsN14VDps
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 08:59:53 AM »
I've never seen this before---loved it! Some glorious deadpan deliveries.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 11:10:40 AM »
Only glanced at a few seconds while busy with decorations, but it seems my kind of thing.

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 01:07:54 AM »
I'm loving every second of it. Trying to ration my viewing. Every character is a gem, but the chief inspector is truly inspired, and I think I'm falling for Police Officer Karen.
I apologise, in advance.