Author Topic: Apologies et al  (Read 2473 times)

Redundant

Apologies et al
« on: January 29, 2018, 04:50:06 PM »
Sorry about my absence. Happy New Year and all that stuff.   I have been, and still remain, ever so slightly ill.   Not deaths door ill, more the looking through the keyhole version.

If I can liken it to politics, and I can, it was a bit like Donald Trump became President of my bodily functions.

Fortunately in that scenario he was quickly impeached and removed from office and the world became a safer place.   Sadly in the real world he remains in office and why this is the case is at this point is well beyond the comprehension of anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

Safe to say I shall read up on what I have missed at some point, inevitably I will post musical and political threads and try to discover how many new locks Roger has fitted to his wallet for 2018.

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Apologies et al
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 06:41:08 PM »
What's been the matter with you then Red? Is it something embarrassing to do with your bottom?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 06:47:36 PM »
Glad to hear you're feeling better, Red, although "looking through the keyhole of death's door" sounds more than a little scary. I truly hope you're on the mend.
Your analogy involving Trump and bodily functions has left disturbing images in my head. I'm just about to eat, too.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 09:20:30 PM »
I hope everything gets better real soon, Red. And it's good to see you back here.

By the way, Red, I love how you used the phrase 'new locks' to point out how Roger does not completely fit the Scottish miserly stereotype.

Redundant

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 09:37:30 AM »
Sorry Diane but my bottom has been a constant embarrassment throughout my life, not just at the moment.   Famed locally for both it’s telepathic ability to identify a lull in any conversation and its subsequent emissions, audible and otherwise.

Sorry for the keyhole analogy Roger, and the subsequent Trump one, I am comforted however by the thought that at least the servants will have appreciated any additional leftovers.   I was going to use a plumbing analogy but given I already intended to feature bodily functions it seemed a tad too much.   Let’s just say it was a landing I walked away from.

As for Scottish stereotypes, perhaps “additional locks” might have been more apt, but the Scots should relax, the Manx stereotype is much, much worse.   Renowned for very little that isn’t in the past, we spend our days mugging Saga holidaymakers who otherwise would wander around wondering why they came, and for uttering the phrase “If you don’t like it, there’s a boat out in the morning” whenever confronted by an argument they can’t win.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 07:06:23 PM »
but the Scots should relax

Oh, what a giveaway! He reckons all you Scots are uptight.