Author Topic: I hate to tell you this, Rog...  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
I hate to tell you this, Rog...
« on: February 21, 2018, 09:29:40 PM »
Since the 1st January, only 18 of the 60 posts made on this forum have been made by someone other than you or me.

Even scarier is the fact that for the whole of February so far (in fact for the last 23 days), only you and I have posted here, mostly about Valentine's Day.

Anyway, I thought this might be a good time to announce that I'm taking a bit of a break from Cameldung to get on with some things round the house.

I've left you some tumbleweed to play with, in case you get bored. And remember there's also the box to the Stupidemic game.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: I hate to tell you this, Rog...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 09:54:59 AM »
Yeah, I'd noticed, Mincey. It's completely understandable that things have tailed off---in one form or another, this site has been around for 18 years and that's a long time to keep interest alive. Particularly now that the inspiration of the site, Beau Peep, no longer exists.
Have a good time on your break from the place and, hopefully, we will see you back some time in the future. I will continue to drop in, just to make sure the heating's on and the pipes haven't frozen.
And just in case someone wants to send me money.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 03:29:30 PM »
Hey, I did posts and put up two lovely photos  :o I am not bored with Beau Peep. You know what they say, when you are bored with Beau Peep you are bored with life, it is just one of the mottoes for the Canadian Beau Peep Fan Club.

I have really not been up to much - this has been the coldest winter that I can remember so I have been doing extra feeding of the birds and have an actual basket for the items I borrow from the library. Managed to lose some weight, probably because in the evenings I spend time sitting on the couch covered with my electric heating throw blanket and can't leave the cozy heat to get snacks. Keep thinking that this incessant cold it can't last forever but in the meantime, I am in survival mode.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 07:09:57 PM »
I got a girlfriend.

Yes, you heard me right.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 07:34:02 PM »
I am very happy for you, Tarks. Does she take long to inflate?

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 08:29:44 PM »
It's early days. We don't want to rush things. She's still in the box. I'll keep you posted.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Max

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 03:01:34 PM »

This could be a blow for mankind  ;)

Redundant

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 01:17:49 PM »

We had a blow up doll as a mess mascot at one time, she was found slightly deflated in an alley in Amsterdam by one of the lads, who invited her on board.   Whenever we had a mess-deck party she would be hastily inflated and would join us sitting around the beer table.   She had a puncture [hence her previous life living rough in an alley one supposes] so she would slowly sink below the level of the table, roughly at the same pace we did due to beer consumption.  On the last day at sea, before returning to our home port of Plymouth, we had a full ceremonial burial [albeit more floating than burial] at sea which included one of the marines playing the Last Post as she slowly floated away astern.  I have fond memories of Helga, and wish Tarks every happiness with her sister/cousin/whatever.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 05:02:22 AM »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lhdeC-yYMI[/youtube]
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 09:01:06 AM »
Dawn French and the late Emma Chambers. Marvellous!

Diamond Lil

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 09:31:41 AM »
Thanks for that, Diane

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 01:34:11 PM »
And thanks from me. Loved Alice!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 11:14:48 PM »
It’s been a while, but I’m just getting the hang of being retired.  And now, with my new iPad (and cataracts) I feel I can now spend some time catching up on all things beau peep related.

P.s. the second beau peep mug has bitten the dust after (is it really) 7 Year’s.  The handle gave way.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 06:52:15 PM »
My mug is still going strong - I have it on my desk for pens so it has an easier life than most.