Author Topic: Football  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Football
« on: April 20, 2018, 09:55:47 PM »
Isn't it odd that where and how you are brought up can decide what you like in life? For example, Roger and Tarks enjoy playing and watching football, but had they not been born in Scotland, they might have grown up to realise what an utter waste of time it all is, and watched Tennis instead.

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Football
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 11:04:30 PM »
Isn't it odd that where and how you are brought up can decide what you like in life? For example, Roger and Tarks enjoy playing and watching football, but had they not been born in Scotland, they might have grown up to realise what an utter waste of time it all is, and watched Tennis instead.

Tennis is certainly better for the spectators neck muscles. 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 02:14:04 AM »

Oh, puhleeeeeze! Do I really have to point out where the greatest British tennis player of all time comes from? He's also a big fan of football, and plays well enough to have had the choice between a football or tennis career. He decided on tennis...even though he's Scottish! 
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 09:27:01 AM »
What Tarks just said!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 09:36:48 AM »
Yes, but if Andy Murray had not been born in Scotland, he'd have just concentrated on his tennis and not needed to join the rest of the Scotland team watching the World Cup 2018.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 10:36:35 AM »
I can’t wait to watch it. I’m wondering if England can improve on recent big tournaments and actually get mathematically knocked out after just one match this time.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 10:42:26 AM »
The sooner England get knocked out, the sooner people can stop going on about it.

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 11:24:23 AM »
From past experience, that's when the endless talking actually begins.  ;D
I apologise, in advance.