Author Topic: Home again.  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Home again.
« on: May 05, 2018, 10:14:19 PM »
I got back from Portugal a couple of days ago after a fine break. My wife and I had a great time and enjoyed samples of that country's excellent beer, wine and chicken piri-piri. (Mince, I'm sure there's a kale piri-piri available!) To be fair to my wife, I did most of the sampling when it came to the beer and wine but she did her best to join in. I have to say that the weather was mixed. After a couple of days of 23 degree warmth, a cold wind arrived and it was the first time I had ever sunbathed in a cardigan but we had a splendid time.
Panties.
That was the seven-letter word I managed to include on my way to a comfortable victory at Scrabble one evening back at the villa we'd rented. (By the way, this villa costs £4,700 for a week in July and £500 for the week we were there. I AM Scottish, after all.) There was an indoor games room in the place and I beat my wife at table tennis, pool and darts. Not that I'm competitive, of course. And she's still speaking to me. Seriously, we had a terrific holiday in a place we have both grown to love and I'm refreshed and ready to face the world. Hang on. I've just remembered what's going on in the world. Maybe I'm NEARLY ready to face the world...

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Home again.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 10:20:24 PM »
Welcome back Kotter :-)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 03:57:47 PM »
£500 for a week? What a rip-off! Get yourself a self-catering near a supermarket!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 09:37:43 AM »
Well, yes, I know where you stay when you're in Albufeira. It's just that my wife and I like to have running water, toilet facilities and a roof---without having to share a room with a stag party from Huddersfield.