Author Topic: International Women's Day  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

International Women's Day
« on: March 09, 2019, 12:21:58 AM »
I raise a cupcake in celebration of the ladies who visit here and special love goes to Doris and Vera and the Colonels daughter.

I made cupcakes to take to the mandala class I am teaching at the library tonight.

It made me feel good that Roger said I was a busy person the other day - funny how a little boost will keep you going :-) 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: International Women's Day
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 09:13:51 AM »
I don't have a sweet tooth, Diane, but those look absolutely stunning.
It was my sister's birthday yesterday and she's coming over for lunch today. I have prepared my legendary watercress soup. As you know, I am technically incapable of posting images on this site so just imagine a bright green puddle in a plate.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 11:24:21 AM »
I do have a sweet tooth, Diane. I want them. I want them all!

Can you be even busier and make another batch for export?  :P

A belated Happy International Women's Day to you, and all your fellow women.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 11:25:08 AM »
I might have to pass on the watercress soup though. Calories!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 12:39:40 PM »
I might have to pass on the watercress soup though. Calories!

I'd also pass until I knew what it was legendary for.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 04:20:20 PM »
Watercress soup sounds very healthy, but not sure how it will hold the birthday candles upright. Happy Birthday Diamond Lil  :-*

Oh if only I could mail cupcakes TTIII. I love MAKING cupcakes ever since I discovered the extra large piping nozzles, but can't eat many myself, so I take them to events. 

Ended up with 16 ladies at the workshop, I was the only one singing and dancing - "I am strong, I'm invincible...I AM WOMAN!" looks around at everyone else quietly doing their art LOL
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Diamond Lil

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 08:25:02 PM »
Thanks Diane for the birthday wishes.
I can report that the watercress soup was delicious and my sister-in-law made a decadent, dark chocolate cake.... lucky, lucky me.

Can I place an order for cupcakes too and wish I could have been at the mandala class because I would have been happy to sing along!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 03:38:01 AM »
Glad to hear that you had a happy birthday Diamond Lil  :D

Could sure have used your singing at the class.

The cupcakes were just a couple of box mixes - but the icing made them special - tones of butter & icing sugar  (y)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 04:57:06 PM »
I made my first set of cupcakes in June 2013 for my son's wedding.  There were 60 pink icing choc toffee cupcakes made from scratch (and a recipe).  It was also the last time i made cupcakes.  [note: no one was harmed in the manufacture or eating of said cupcakes.

Diamond Lil

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 07:21:43 PM »
 (y)

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 09:01:31 PM »
 (y)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 09:17:32 PM »
(y)