Author Topic: Experiment...  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Experiment...
« on: June 06, 2019, 10:15:48 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SYIoAbiYPE#action=share

Hope this works. More music from my old pal, Ian.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Experiment...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 08:27:00 PM »
I was so excited about successfully posting this that I forgot to mention WHY. I've been friends with Ian C. Campbell (go to YouTube and stick that name in) for 47 years. Although we've always kept in touch, I hadn't seen him in ages so my sister and I paid him a visit last Thursday. Ian is 73 now and his health is poor, something that he has had to deal with all his life. He revealed that he had been in hospital 32 times since he was a kid. Due to his illnesses and the drugs he has to take, he basically sleeps for 18 hours a day. What astonishes me is his continuing passion for music. He played in various Glasgow-based bands from the age of 17 and, latterly, turned to teaching guitar when his health wouldn't allow him to travel. His love of music drives him on. One entire room in his small house is a studio, filled with guitars, keyboards and recording gear. He somehow manages to work and write in there daily. The video I posted here and the others available on YouTube were done in this room over the last few years. Given what he has gone through, and continues to go through, I'm in awe of the energy he manages to summon up so that he can keep on playing. He writes and performs some beautiful songs (check out "Candlelight Girl", for example).
I realise this is all a bit personal and I apologise for that. It's just that I find the guy such an inspiration and someone I am really proud to call a friend.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Experiment...
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 09:55:26 PM »
Thanks for the video, Roger, which I enjoyed a lot, including the ending. But even more so for the post that followed.

Here's to friends, everywhere!
I apologise, in advance.