Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

Laptop Thingie

(1/4) > >>

Roger Kettle:
I now have a laptop. It has no mouse. It's weird and has different wotsits. I could't even get it open and had to call my son. I wish I was cool.

Malc:
I spent Christmas day at a mate's house and he showed me his laptop, his GPS, his bluetooth and a few other things. We even connected up a printer to print off a few copies of superb photo-quality images he took with his digital camera. It was the most technical Christmas I've ever had.

The GPS is what grooved my missus. She and I have been close to divorce many times over navigation issues, and she was particularly turned on by the 3D facility on the GPS which allows you to see the route from street level whilst an interactive voice talks you to your destination.

Great. Just what we need, another excuse for her to drive around all day doing bugger all, not looking at the road and talking.

Roger Kettle:
Malc, I'm surprised you could concentrate on anything this Christmas. Where you live, the sound of laughter at the English crcket team must be deafening.

Malc:
To be honest, what's been missing is the real sense of competition this year.
What with the popularity of the Barmy Army over here and jokey press conferences there doesn't seem to be any "bite" in cricket between England and Australia any more.

Having said that, to see the Aussie team go absolutely ape over winning back the Ashes was a mystery.
It's one trophy, contested by only two teams, for god's sake.

Mince:
How is the laptop going?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version